For more information on the Annual Meeting and Election, see the below Guides.
CCM Annual Meeting Guide 2017-18
**Don’t Forget! Candidate forms received after October 20th can only be considered for positions that have no candidate running.
Two important documents will come home in your child’s Thursday Folders on October 26, 2017:
1) A list of candidates and information about each so that you can make an educated choice when you vote at the annual meeting on November 8, 2017 at 7pm. The meeting will be held at MVMPCS in the sanctuary.
2) An absentee ballot and envelopes for you to vote in the event that you cannot attend the annual meeting.
- This is a very important document, since proxy voting is no longer used. In order for the votes made at our annual meeting to be valid, we must have 20% of the entire MMCI community—parents, staff, and Friends of Education—present. The absentee ballot counts toward that 20% and gives you the opportunity to make your voice heard.
- For your ballot to be valid, you must Print and Sign your name on the outside of the attached envelope and seal it. Return ballots to MMCI mailbox in your school.
- Remember that both parents/legal guardians of students at MVM and CCM are members and have a vote.
If you have misplaced your ballot, you may download one below. Remember that it must be sealed in an envelope with your printed name and signature on the outside.
CCM Absentee Ballot
MVM Absentee Ballot
YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS ANNUAL EVENT IS KEY TO OUR SUCCESS AS A PUBLIC CHARTER SCHOOL!
Both Monocacy Valley Montessori and Carroll Creek Montessori are “community” schools. Neither school could exist without the participation of its dedicated parent and community volunteers. MMCI requires that the parents give at least ten volunteer hours each year to the school. This goal is easily achieved, with many volunteers serving much more than their required hours.
MMCI is fortunate to have such a dedicated group of volunteers that serve the schools in many ways:
- Parent or community representatives on the school’s Governing Council
- Parent or community representatives on MMCI’s Board of Trustees
- Attending Board of Education meetings to show support for our schools
- Classroom, library, and school office volunteers
- Car line volunteers at drop-off and pick-up
- Building and furniture repairs
- School representatives at community events
- Organizers of fundraising events to support MMCI and its schools
MMCI is always looking for parents and community members to help our schools. If you are interested in volunteering your time to support our schools, please contact the MVMPCS Volunteer Committee Chair or the CCMPCS Outreach Committee Chair.